Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who’s always ready to take on the next cutting edge technology? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our global team. We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Clojure Engineer who will bring elegance and simplicity to the forefront of our distributed systems. We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment – we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
Bird’s eye view of the role:
- Be an automator: we are continually reevaluating our stack to improve efficiency throughout the pipeline. We practice continuous integration and have a container-based deployment workflow.
- Be a builder: you’ll build and expand our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
- Be a collector: you’ll help build scalable infrastructure to collect data for real time analytics and risk modeling.
- Be a collaborator: you’ll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts to truly understand the needs of our Borrowers and Investors. We work in an Agile environment including pair programming and daily stand-ups.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to teach stakeholders and our fellow engineers how to answer their own questions with tools you build.
Our ideal teammate has:
- at least 1 year of professional experience working with Clojure (or really strong personal projects using Clojure).
- 3+ years of overall software engineering experience in any language (Ruby, Python, Java, etc).
- an interest in Functional Programming languages.
- comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment.
Brownie points for:
- Github or other open source code we can check out.
- distributed systems experience.
- experience with microservices and/or event-driven architecture.
- operating at scale with low-latency systems.
- familiarity with Docker, Mesos, and/or experience with distributed database systems, such as Cassandra