Amazon.com is the leading online retailer in the United States with over $75 billion in global revenue. At Amazon, we are passionate about using technology to solve business problems that have big customer impact. CORTEX is our next generation platform which handles real-time financial data flows and notifications. Our stateless event-driven compute engine for dynamic data transforms is built entirely in Clojure and is crucial to our ability to provide a highly agile response to financial events within the organization. We leverage AWS to operate on a massive scale and meet high-availability, low-latency SLAs. If you have over 7 years of experience as a hands-on software developer, have worked with distributed systems, and have experience in start-ups or possess a “start-up mentality”, keep reading.
- Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast computation platforms?
- Possess great ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
- Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
- Want to work with really cool technology such as Clojure, JVM, and AWS tools?
- Either live in or desire to live in the greater Seattle area and want to work somewhere that you can have a large scale impact but still work on a small team?
If your answers are yes, this may be the role for you! Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build and utilize cutting-edge reactive technology, the Cortex team at Amazon is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and innovative Sr. Software Engineer who wants to move fast and have fun, while being deeply involved in solving business integration problems across various organizations within Amazon.
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction application in a 24/7 environment
- 7+ years of industry experience in software development in Java or C++
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Background or strong interest in Clojure
- Experience with cloud technologies from AWS
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
- Experience mentoring and developing junior SDEs
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.