A note from Franz, Inc:
Franz Inc. is the provider of Allegro Common Lisp and associated
products. We are looking for a qualified applicant to handle the
* Special Lisp-based projects–some of it is work on internal
programs and processes, but some is on IT-related external
* IT administration and maintenance of internal computer systems.
Possible tasks could include:
– hardware and software upgrades of Linux or Windows servers
– hardware and (system) software troubleshooting
– virtualization of existing servers
– network management
Experience in the following areas would therefore be valuable:
* Linux installation and administration – shell scripting, perl, NFS,
autofs, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, iptables, RAID and LVM.
* Windows (2000 and later).
* Mac OS X experience is a plus.
To start out with, this is a part-time position. If things work out
well, it might turn into a full-time position.
If you feel you are a good match for the above, please send a letter
of interest and your resume to hrbox at franz dot com. EOE.