Verisk Health builds a smarter healthcare ecosystem through analytics. Our 1,500+ global professionals work at the intersection of high tech, healthcare, and “big data” in order to realize audacious aspirations for our healthcare system. Be it eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse; guiding population health management with data-driven insights; improving revenue cycles for our clients; or re-envisioning support systems for new models of healthcare delivery, we hold ourselves to a single standard: having immediate and outsized impact for our clients, and by extension, the broader health community. To find out more about us click on the link below.
- 4 yr. college degree majoring in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5 yr. experience as a full time professional software developer designing and building both system-level and application software using ANSI Common Lisp required.
- 5 yr. experience with expert system development, employing both forward and backward chaining rule systems required.
- 3 yr. experience building CLOS based object-oriented and knowledge-based systems required.
- 3 yr. experience building practical applications of Artificial Intelligence required.
- 5 yr. experience following a structured Software Development Methodology that has a defined software development life-cycle required; with recent Agile experience preferred.
- 3 yr. experience with Source Control Management software required, CVS or Subversion is preferred.
- 1 yr. experience working with natural language authoring environments preferred.
- 2 yr. experience building Ontologies preferred.
- 2 yr. experience writing and refining software requirements and experience writing and developing from software requirements required.
- 1 yr. experience using Oracle and writing SQL is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with object oriented programming and design required.
Principle Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Implements new features and change requests based on requirements and technical design specifications.
- Unit tests software. Architects and designs new software functionality.
- Triage, debugs and troubleshoots software issues. Participates in code reviews by reviewing and providing feedback of others work.
- Creates software system and integration test plans. Executes software test plans for system and integration testing.
- Release Management: builds and packages releases for deployment.
- Creates technical documentation: software requirements and technical design specifications.