(I don’t usually post requests for recruiters, but this one might be ok. Send me a note or make a comment if you find out otherwise. Looks like it’s really a Lisp and Python position).
Job Title: LISP Developer
Work Location: Cambridge, MA 02142
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $60-$70/hr
Employment Terms: 1 year W2 Contract
BS degree preferred (or equivalent experience) in an Engineering or IT-related field. At least 4 years experience in software development delivering and maintaining production quality code. Familiarity with testing, QA, version control and delivery technologies. Experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
Demonstrable expertise in: Lisp, XML, Oracle, SQL
Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. High attention to detail, the ability to focus and deliver, and agility under pressure. Strong communication and collaboration skills.
[Note that this position requires demonstrated expertise and skills in the Lisp programming language.]
Notes from the Manager:
Seeking experience in supporting and maintaining data bases and for mission critical software. Must have python. Seeking someone assertive to manage client expectations and deadlines. Take ownership of the projects
Contact: Tyler Goulet | email@example.com | 650-598-5603
Runa is now Staples Innovation Lab. For the past 5+ years, Runa has been a visible member of the Clojure community, having built their entire e-commerce optimization stack on Clojure. We were recently acquired by Staples, the second largest internet retailer in the world.
We now have the resources to take the Clojure + Big Data + Machine Learning + Real Time Predictive Modeling engine to the next level. We’re looking for experienced engineers with knowledge of Clojure. More details at www.staplesinnovationlab.com
We’re looking for a talented algorithmic developer with solid Lisp skills and an interest in linguistics and natural language processing.
At Grammarly, we use Common Lisp, but if you’ve worked with some other Lisp flavour, that’s fine, as long as you’re willing to learn and master Common Lisp. It goes without saying that you should be well versed in both object-oriented and functional paradigms. You also have to be comfortable with the idea of coding some Java and, preferably, have some hands-on experience with it. We’ll give you bonus points if you have a broad technical background and notable achievements beyond Lisp, contribute to open-source, write a blog or are otherwise active in the tech community.
As a member of our NLP team, you will have the luxury to focus on challenging following tasks, such as:
- driving development of new features for our grammar checking engine, improving its accuracy and speed
- implementing of data crunching tools for linguists and fellow engineers
- creating of fast and scalable distributed network services in Lisp and Java, working closely with our DevOps team
- brainstorming with us on ways to make Grammarly even smarter, explore new technologies at the forefront of modern natural language processing and machine learning
You will get to work with amazing engineers, linguists, and business minds from all over the world and experience the magic of direct access within a small team that pays attention to your ideas and contributions. In turn, we expect you to continuously learn, strive for perfection and optimum performance, as well as derive joy from sharing with and helping your peers.
- passion for software development
- 2+ years of experience with Lisp (preferably Common Lisp)
- 2+ years of commercial experience with mainstream languages, preferably Java/Python strong algorithmic skills
- interest in the English language
- participation in open-source or commercial Lisp projects with a real user base Unix as the primary development platform
- good written and spoken English
The following are desirable:
- background in NLP or at least one of the following fields: ML, AI/Robotics, Information Retrieval, Data Mining and Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, Theoretical Computer Science
- completion/enrollment in AI-related online courses (AI, ML, NLP, etc.)
Goodies we provide:
- Work in a unique product company (no outsourcing!) with exceptional people
- Paid attendance of conferences and seminars
- Free lunches
- Medical insurance and sport
- Superb office space in the city center with a great view over Taras Shevchenko Park
- Two-minute walk from metro Lva Tolstogo, Kyiv
- One month of annual vacation and paid sick-leave
- Relocation support for people willing to move to Kyiv, including transportation costs, first month’s rent, etc.
- Competitive salary, reviewed regularly
We love people who are open, honest, kind, cheerful and have a decent sense of humor.
If you are interested, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D-Wave is seeking an experienced Software Developer with extensive Common Lisp (or equivalent) programming and UNIX-based system administration experience to join the Processor Development group. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing, programming, testing and maintaining the entire suite of software necessary to support the testing and operation of D-Wave’s quantum computing hardware. The software is predominantly Common Lisp-based and is an integral part of the quantum computing system. It is used for a variety of purposes including calibration, operation, testing and benchmarking.
For more details please see http://www.dwavesys.com/en/files/13PD09_Software_Developer.pdf