They’re looking for a “full stack Java programmer,” but must also have 3+ years hand-on experience in Lisp/Tk Programming on Linux.
Full time position for German speaking Common Lisp developer near
We are a small German software shop based in Mainz, Germany, founded in
2000. We create custom software solutions for mid-size to big companies
in finance/payment, health care, and media research.
Our portfolio includes high volume ingestion of different social and
classic (print/tv/radio) media streams into NoSQL databases,
dictionary-based natural language processing, fast user-facing search
solutions, and visualisation of results.
To expand the portfolio in the areas of natural language processing and
machine learning, we are looking for talented engineers who ideally have
– 3+ years of software engineering experience
– a solid background in Java/C#/C++
– experience in Common Lisp (not necessarily professional)
– experience in one ore more of the following tools/frameworks: CouchDB,
ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Mesos/Marathon, Docker
– experience in development of microservices
– experience or strong interest in different machine learning
methodologies such as neural networks, bayesian networks, support
vector machines etc.
Experience with languages and frameworks is not as important as
curiousity, intelligence and open-mindedness. You will get the necessary
time to learn the missing skills. We are interested in a long-term
relationship rather than just staffing a project with ‘resources’.
Due to our size as a small company, we do care about each one of our
colleagues and react flexibly to the (sometimes changing) necessities of
their life. Together we try to develop a plan for your personal career,
depending on your own goals.
Curious? Please contact Kambiz Darabi at firstname.lastname@example.org
He’ll be happy to give you more information and answer all your
ROKT (www.rokt.com) is hiring thoughtful, talented functional programmers, at all levels, to expand our Clojure team in Sydney, Australia. (We’re looking for people who already have the right to work in Australia, please.)
ROKT is a successful startup with a transaction marketing platform used by some of the world’s largest ecommerce sites. Our Sydney-based engineering team supports a business that is growing rapidly around the world.
Our Clojure engineers are responsible for ROKT’s “Data Platform”, a web interface for our sales teams, our operations team, and our customers to extract and upload the data that drives our customers’ businesses and our own. We write Clojure on the server-side, and a ClojureScript single-page application on the frontend.
We don’t have a Hadoop-based neural net diligently organising our customer data into the world’s most efficiently balanced red-black tree (good news: we won’t ask you to write one in an interview) — instead, we try to spend our time carefully building the simplest thing that’ll do what the business needs done. We’re looking for programmers who can help us build simple, robust systems — and we think that means writing in a very functional style — whether that involves hooking some CV-enhancing buzzword technology on the side or not.
If you have professional Clojure experience, that’s excellent, we’d like to hear about it. But we don’t have a big matrix of exacting checkboxes to measure you against, so if your Clojure isn’t fluent yet, we’ll be happy to hear what you can do with Common Lisp or Scheme, or in fact any other language. We have the luxury of building out a solid team of thoughtful developers — no “get me a resource with exactly X years of experience in technology Y, stat!”
If this sounds interesting, please contact Sam Roberton at email@example.com. Sam’s an engineer on the Clojure team, and he’d be happy to tell you whatever you want to know about what we do and what we’re looking for.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who’s always ready to take on the next cutting edge technology? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our global team. We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Clojure Engineer who will bring elegance and simplicity to the forefront of our distributed systems. We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment – we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
Bird’s eye view of the role:
- Be an automator: we are continually reevaluating our stack to improve efficiency throughout the pipeline. We practice continuous integration and have a container-based deployment workflow.
- Be a builder: you’ll build and expand our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
- Be a collector: you’ll help build scalable infrastructure to collect data for real time analytics and risk modeling.
- Be a collaborator: you’ll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts to truly understand the needs of our Borrowers and Investors. We work in an Agile environment including pair programming and daily stand-ups.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to teach stakeholders and our fellow engineers how to answer their own questions with tools you build.
Our ideal teammate has:
- at least 1 year of professional experience working with Clojure (or really strong personal projects using Clojure).
- 3+ years of overall software engineering experience in any language (Ruby, Python, Java, etc).
- an interest in Functional Programming languages.
- comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment.
Brownie points for:
- Github or other open source code we can check out.
- distributed systems experience.
- experience with microservices and/or event-driven architecture.
- operating at scale with low-latency systems.
- familiarity with Docker, Mesos, and/or experience with distributed database systems, such as Cassandra
Shareablee engineers grapple with some of the hardest challenges in social media analytics and big data. We are involved in every aspect of the product development process from brainstorming to coding and deployment. Products that we create drive decision-making at some of the world’s most influential brands such as NFL, ESPN, Facebook, HBO, Ebay, Subway and Samsung.
- Build features and modules that our customers fall in love with
- Work on high volume data collection, storage, and transformation
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize various processes for maximum speed and scalability
- Develop and maintain data collectors and aggregators
- Collaborate with product managers and team leads to build the right thing
- Collaborate with directors and senior developers to build things the right way
- 2+ years of work experience as a software developer.
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Clojure, and/or another functional language
- Python or a similar high-level general purpose language
- Experience with (or very strong interest to learn) the following frameworks and tools: Storm, Hadoop, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Django, Elasticsearch
- Basic understanding of distributed computing paradigms
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Big Data processing and Map/Reduce
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git
- The ability to map continuous learning to every aspect of your life
- Humble confidence
Please send resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Secure Outcomes builds and provides digital livescan fingerprinting systems for use by law enforcement, military, airports, schools, Fortune 500s, etc.
All of our systems are constructed in Common Lisp.
We are looking for a contract CL developer located anywhere in the world that can build software for us.
Strong CL/LW background, of course, but also knowledge of foreign function interfacing etc needed.
Work full or part time.
See what we do at http://www.secureoutcomes.net
Resumes to email@example.com. No calls please.
FRONT-END DEVELOPER (CLOJURESCRIPT)
We emphasize simplicity and elegance to combat the inherently complex nature of healthcare. If you are a jack-of-all-trades with a deep interest in building front-end systems that involve complex client-server IO, data visualization, and helping people make sense of machine learning dat, then we’d love to talk to you.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 4+ years working on front-end systems (desktop or mobile).
- 2+ years working on production distributed systems projects with strong exposure to the back-end.
- Experience working with UX and UI designers.
- Strong knowledge of web standards, cross-browser issues, and CSS
- Comfortable with one or more dynamic languages such as Python, Ruby, or Clojure.
IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Comfort working with React or React Native
- Experience with data visualization or animation in a web context
- A track record contributing to open source software
OTHER STUFF THAT IS VERY RELEVANT
- Experience with the Java/Clojure ecosystem
- Exposure to Healthcare IT technologies and challenges
- Exposure to AI – expert systems, statistical modeling, etc.
- A UX/UI design background and/or interest