Amazon.com is the leading online retailer in the United States, with over $75bn in global revenue. At Amazon, we are passionate about using technology to solve business problems that have big customer impact.
Clojure SDE role
Location: Seattle, WA (cannot take remote SDE’s – must be onsite. Amazon pays for relocation)
CORTEX is our next generation platform that handles real-time financial data flows and notifications. Our stateless event-driven compute engine for dynamic data transforms is built entirely in Clojure and is crucial to our ability to provide a highly agile response to financial events. We leverage AWS to operate on a massive scale and meet high-availability, low-latency SLAs.
Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build and utilize cutting-edge reactive technology, the Cortex team at Amazon is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, innovative Sr. Software Engineer who wants to move fast, have fun and be deeply involved in solving business integration problems across various organizations within Amazon.
If this describes you – our team is a great fit:
- You obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast computation platforms.
- You’ve got great ideas and you know how to solve problems, but you also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation.
- You have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture.
Our technology stack: Clojure, JVM, AWS tools, Sable
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction application in a 24/7 environment
- 3+ years of industry experience in software developent in Java or C++
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Background or strong interest in Clojure
- Experience with cloud technologies from AWS
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
- Experience mentoring and developing junior SDEs
If you are interested, contact Janney Jaxen, Technical Recruiter, Retail Systems email@example.com