Have I mentioned recently that ITA Software is still hiring? (5 Lisp jobs listed currently)
Don’t think I’ve posted this position at the SRI AI Center. Position focusses on machine learning.
I was forwarded an email–someone who is looking for “anyone in the Chicago area that provides tutoring in Lisp.” For further information, email me, will dot fitzgerald at gmail dot com (with the usual substitutions), and I’ll give you what information I have.
Senior Software Engineer (Pattern Recognition): “Works with development team to research, design, inspect, and test computer software in support of corporate vision and project direction. ” (I wonder if the surveillance system provides the vision and direction?)
Mostly C++, I think, but “experience using LISP, especially for machine learning implementations.” is a nice-to-have.
D-Wave Systems is seeking an experienced software developer to join the Hardware Development & Engineering group. Reporting to the Director of R&D, the successful candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing, programming, testing and maintaining the entire suite of software programs necessary to support the testing and operation of D-Wave’s quantum computing hardware. The software is an integral part of the quantum computing system and is used for a variety of purposes including calibration, operation, testing and benchmarking.
Experience programming in Common Lisp or a related language required.
link (PDF job description)
Kudos to Rick Scott, who pointed out how to get RSS feeds for Craigslist job searches; this should mean some additional Lisp jobs should begin to appear. We’ll be searching all the US, Canadian and International cities that appear on the main page of Craigstlist.
“An extraordinarily ambitious startup requires a programmer. We don’t care about your academic qualifications, we care about your ability. The more you know about the following, the better:
* Open-source UNIX (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD)
* Linear algebra
* Common Lisp
* Open-source DBMSs (MySQL, PostgreSQL…)”
This request came directly to me:
Position: ICAD Development Software Engineer – Dassault Systemes – Charlotte, NC
If you are looking to work with cutting-edge technology then Dassault Systèmes is for you. As a world leader in 3D and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) solutions, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance.
We are currently recruiting an ICAD Development Software Engineer responsible for supporting, maintaining and enhancing DS’ ICAD Knowledge Based Engineering solution. This is a great position for an individual or recent BS or MS graduate who is looking to get into the IT field and gain exposure to highly advanced products and technology. This position is based in Charlotte, NC.
Education required: BS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field (MS preferred).
• Good knowledge of either NT and/or UNIX with basic knowledge and ability to navigate several different operating systems, specifically Solaris, AIX, NT, HPUX
• Lisp (2-4 years)
• C++ (2-4 years)
• Java (2-4 years)
• Database (understanding of database architecture basics and SQL knowledge)
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Specific skills, knowledge and abilities required:
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Team player
• Good project management skills
• Good customer service skills
• Highly organized
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Strong presentation skills
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs software activities related to the integration, build, porting and/or maintenance of DS’ ICAD KBE solution.
2. Defines, recommends and implements highly efficient software solutions.
3. Verifies and insures quality using various testing techniques including test automation.
4. Understands and executes development processes. May recommend new approaches to existing software development processes and procedures.
5. Responsible for accurate and thorough documentation of software components.
6. Participates in other team activities.
Relocation assistance is available.
We offer the following terrific benefits:
Medical, Dental, Prescription drug, Vacation, Floating Holidays, Flexible Spending Account,
Dependent Care Spending Account, Tuition reimbursement Career Growth/Development
Dassault Systemes Americas Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.