The European Bioinformatics Institute is looking for a Clojure developer:
We are seeking an experienced software developer to develop a new system for the capture of complex experimental data from model organism genetics research. You will join the Non-vertebrate Genomics team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), located on the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK, working on the WormBase project.
Here is the complete job description: http://www.embl.de/jobs/searchjobs/index.php?newlang=1&ref=EBI_00611
Although the job description doesn’t mention Clojure, I have been assured that Clojure will be the main development language.
Disco Melee | Full Time or Part Time or Freelance | 100% Remote
http://discomelee.com/ – http://beta.discomelee.com/
In search of Clojure developers.
Disco Melee was founded by gamers, for gamers, to deal with with the lack of social features in other gaming-centric sites, and to reinvent the concept of social streaming. Basically we are “making gaming social again”. We’re in closed beta now, but will be opening up very soon!
–What We’re After–
The frontend is built in Clojurescript and Om, the backend in Clojure on a PostgreSQL database.
While we do require some degree of prior experience with these technologies, we also greatly value an ability to learn, take ownership, be proactive, and communicate well with others.
* Good written and spoken English
* Functional programming techniques
* Modern HTML and CSS (LESS)/Bootstrap
* React (Om)
* Implementing a Photoshop design in HTML/CSS
* SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
* Data security and privacy
* JVM familiarity (ecosystem)
* XMPP protocol knowledge
* Video streaming/web video familiarity
* Distributed systems
* Payment processors
* Mobile (iOS/Android) knowledge
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
To submit your resume for consideration, please email email@example.com.
Kira Systems has two positions available. Both of out of Toronto, but the first one could also be remote in North America:
goCatch is looking for a senior software engineer to work full time on
its core product, which is a real time tracking and dispatch system for
taxi services. Our offices are located in Sydney, Australia. We will not
consider telecommuting, however we may be able to assist a promising
candidate to relocate.
We are a small team who prize themselves on writing quality, readable,
maintainable code, and are looking for like-minded individuals.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of
* Clojure [or a Scheme or Common Lisp, and a willingness to learn]
* willingness to work closely with collaborators, including occasional pair-programming
* cloud hosted systems; deployment on AWS
And any of the following additional skills would be considered an asset:
* programming in a functional style
* knowledge of the clojure ecosystem. We
* RabbitMQ or another message broker
* REST architecture
* IOS development
* Android/Java development
* modern front end web technologies (Angular, React, etc.)
Applicants are encouraged to send us a resume with a cover letter explaining
they development philosophy and describing their ideal working environment.
Please forward offers of interest to Alain Picard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
goCatch is an equal opportunity employer.
Franz, Inc., a medium size software company in Oakland, CA (2 blocks from BART) is looking for a Software Developer to join their AllegroGraph group.
Links to the two positions:
We’re looking for Common Lisp web developers. The number of positions available is 2 at most (for the current phase).
## About Us
Somewrite is located in Tokyo, Japan. We have an office in Aoyama, however, no programmers are working at there. Working at home, pushing commits and reviewing on GitHub. We talk via Slack usually, and via Google Hangouts once in a week.
## What We Do
* Advertising delivery
* Recommendation engine for ads
* Internal admin pages
There’re a lot of technical challenges. The applications must be fast and scalable.
## Technologies We Use
* AWS EC2, S3, RDS and ELB
* Experience of development in Common Lisp
* Experience of web application development with a certain web application framework (not necessary in Common Lisp)
* Basic knowledges of \*nix OS and RDBMS
* English or Japanese
* Experience of web application development in Common Lisp
* High-performance Common Lisp development
* High-traffic website experience
* Basic knowledges about algorithm and various data structures
Send CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com if you’re interested.