From this post: http://blog.chatterbox.co/recruiting-software-engineer/
Machine Learning; Artificial Intelligence; Natural Language Processing; Functional Programming; Java; Clojure; Lisp
Chatterbox Labs are looking for a Software Engineer to join our, UK-based team to help both implement our cognitive technologies. You should hold an MSc in the field of Computer Science (or a related/similar field) and have experience in a commercial software environment.
You will join our technical team who focus on the research and development of our multi-lingual Cognitive Engine for short form and long form text classification & our Synthetic Data Generator, alongside our Data Scientists.
This diverse role will allow you to both collaborate on machine learning research and to also implement commercial software.
- Develop, extend and maintain underlying machine learning within the Cognitive Engine & Synthetic Data Generator
- Implement & test Clojure & Java code for commercial release
- Research, explore & evaluate new methods for classification & data synthesis
- Co-create new Intellectual Property alongside the Data Science team
- Test and evaluate current technologies and make recommendations for improvements
- MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrable experience of using a functional language, e.g. Clojure, Scala, Racket, Common Lisp, Haskell, Erlang, etc
- Commercial experience using a Java Virtual Machine language (Java, Clojure, Groovy, etc)
- Experience using collaborative software management tools (git, subversion, etc)
- Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills
- The desire to build robust, proven and tested technologies
- Experience of developing machine learning software in a commercial environment
- Experience either researching or applying:
- Reinforcement Learning
- Deep learning techniques
- Experience dealing with large datasets
- Experience with large-scale processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
Minimum Education Level
MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Spoken English language is essential
- A second language is useful
Please send an email to email@example.com with a cover note introducing yourself and a bit about you, and attach a comprehensive CV in pdf format.
“We’re looking for a talented algorithmic developer with solid Lisp skills and an interest in linguistics and natural language processing.”
Experienced Common Lisp programmer needed to work on a cutting edge AI system, that involves natural language processing, knowledge representation and reasoning, and education. The project is with SRI International, the AI department, and this particular position involves working with a team of software engineers and researchers in Delhi, India. Experience with natural language processing is desirable but not required. At least three years of professional experience with Common Lisp is required. Working on location in Delhi is desirable, but it is possible we could use someone from other parts of India. This work could be done as a contract (long-term), or employment options could also be discussed. The development platform is Allegro Common Lisp.
If you are interested in this position, or know of anyone who might be interested, please contact:
Roger Corman, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEMPRIA GmbH, located in Düsseldorf (Germany), is hiring
a computer scientist (master)
Responsible and dedicated work in software development and maintenance of complex
software systems in the following areas:
– automatic natural language processing of German
– automatic knowledge processing
– meaning-oriented search engines (fully semantic search engines)
Creative, independent, goal-oriented working style
extraordinary grades and achievements
well-founded knowledge and interests in the following areas:
– programming, esp. functional programming (Scheme)
– artificial intelligence:
semantic web, knowledge representation, knowledge processing
– search engine technology and databases
– good knowledge of German
– an exciting and challenging work experience
– work on development (also sales, if interested) of highly innovative search
– a very well connected work place in a dynamic team located in a beautiful city
with high quality of life
– an early entry into a start-up company
Please send your application (with reference number 2010-04) by e-mail (PDF) or
– Personalangelegenheiten –
Grafenberger Allee 277–287
Phone: ++49 211 566693-57
Follow the link. I usually don’t do third-hand posts, but knowing Lisp actually seems like it would be a plus here.
Virginia based defense contractor seeking a computational linguist with Software Engineering qualifications for their Charleroi, PA facility. Candidates should have 1 to 3 years experience in developing computational linguistic applications such as natural language processing, text mining, knowledge extraction and knowledge-based systems. This covers all software engineering disciplines from requirements development to validation. Experience in ontology engineering and LISP is a plus. Education: BS degree required, MS degree preferred, and Engineering degree preferred.