goCatch is looking for a senior software engineer to work full time on
its core product, which is a real time tracking and dispatch system for
taxi services. Our offices are located in Sydney, Australia. We will not
consider telecommuting, however we may be able to assist a promising
candidate to relocate.
We are a small team who prize themselves on writing quality, readable,
maintainable code, and are looking for like-minded individuals.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of
* Clojure [or a Scheme or Common Lisp, and a willingness to learn]
* willingness to work closely with collaborators, including occasional pair-programming
* cloud hosted systems; deployment on AWS
And any of the following additional skills would be considered an asset:
* programming in a functional style
* knowledge of the clojure ecosystem. We
* RabbitMQ or another message broker
* REST architecture
* IOS development
* Android/Java development
* modern front end web technologies (Angular, React, etc.)
Applicants are encouraged to send us a resume with a cover letter explaining
they development philosophy and describing their ideal working environment.
Please forward offers of interest to Alain Picard (email@example.com)
goCatch is an equal opportunity employer.
Franz, Inc., a medium size software company in Oakland, CA (2 blocks from BART) is looking for a Software Developer to join their AllegroGraph group.
Links to the two positions:
We’re looking for Common Lisp web developers. The number of positions available is 2 at most (for the current phase).
## About Us
Somewrite is located in Tokyo, Japan. We have an office in Aoyama, however, no programmers are working at there. Working at home, pushing commits and reviewing on GitHub. We talk via Slack usually, and via Google Hangouts once in a week.
## What We Do
* Advertising delivery
* Recommendation engine for ads
* Internal admin pages
There’re a lot of technical challenges. The applications must be fast and scalable.
## Technologies We Use
* AWS EC2, S3, RDS and ELB
* Experience of development in Common Lisp
* Experience of web application development with a certain web application framework (not necessary in Common Lisp)
* Basic knowledges of \*nix OS and RDBMS
* English or Japanese
* Experience of web application development in Common Lisp
* High-performance Common Lisp development
* High-traffic website experience
* Basic knowledges about algorithm and various data structures
Send CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
We’re looking for a developer to work on our Clojure/ClojureScript/Om web stack. Our team is small, pragmatic, and inquisitive; we love learning new technologies and balance adoption with good analysis. We prefer to hire near us, but also welcome remote work in a time zone within North America.
Web technology can be built better. If single-page web design driven by a reactive data model sounds interesting to you, get in touch!
Technologies we use:
- HTML, CSS, SASS,
- Clojure, ClojureScript,
- SQL, PostgreSQL, Java,
- and experience with web app security.
You should have knowledge of some of these. Most of all we look for those interested in learning.
This position starts immediately.
Application link: Clojure/Clojurescript Web Developer
D-Wave is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join the Processor Development group. The successful candidate will work closely with physicists to develop and optimize measurement routines used to calibrate D-Wave’s quantum processor.
You will be self-driven, but comfortable working closely with others. You will share responsibility for designing, implementing, testing and maintaining the suite of software necessary to support the testing and operation of D-Wave’s quantum computing hardware.The software is implemented in Common Lisp (SBCL) and is an integral part of the quantum computing system. It is used for a variety of purposes including calibration, operation, testing and benchmarking.
See the full announcement: http://www.dwavesys.com/careers/software-developer
Amazon.com is the leading online retailer in the United States with over $75 billion in global revenue. At Amazon, we are passionate about using technology to solve business problems that have big customer impact. CORTEX is our next generation platform which handles real-time financial data flows and notifications. Our stateless event-driven compute engine for dynamic data transforms is built entirely in Clojure and is crucial to our ability to provide a highly agile response to financial events within the organization. We leverage AWS to operate on a massive scale and meet high-availability, low-latency SLAs. If you have over 7 years of experience as a hands-on software developer, have worked with distributed systems, and have experience in start-ups or possess a “start-up mentality”, keep reading.
- Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast computation platforms?
- Possess great ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
- Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
- Want to work with really cool technology such as Clojure, JVM, and AWS tools?
- Either live in or desire to live in the greater Seattle area and want to work somewhere that you can have a large scale impact but still work on a small team?
If your answers are yes, this may be the role for you! Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build and utilize cutting-edge reactive technology, the Cortex team at Amazon is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and innovative Sr. Software Engineer who wants to move fast and have fun, while being deeply involved in solving business integration problems across various organizations within Amazon.
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction application in a 24/7 environment
- 7+ years of industry experience in software development in Java or C++
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Background or strong interest in Clojure
- Experience with cloud technologies from AWS
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
- Experience mentoring and developing junior SDEs
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
I’m hiring a hacker or two for a startup.
Please send CV, portfolio & phone number.
Devon Sean McCullough
(Write him for location, description, etc)