I received an email from the Amazon recruiter, and they say they are looking for more Clojure candidates. Please refer to the previous post if you’re interested:
Position immediately available for an experienced software professional. You will work with an international team of developers skilled in Common Lisp, PL/SQL, Java and Python.
The ideal candidate will have excellent skills as a software engineer, with a strong computer science background and professional experience delivering quality software. You must be fluent in modern software development practices, including multi-threading, distributed systems, and cloud computing. If you are not already an expert in Common Lisp, you aspire to become one. Innovative problem solving and engaging human interaction drive you. With high degree of independence, you will design and implement maintainable software in Common Lisp based on loose and changing specifications.
Familiarity with SQL including query optimization and PL/SQL is very much a plus. Comfort in a growing, fast-paced environment with a premium on problem solving is required. Must be adaptable and willing to learn new technologies. You work successfully in a small team environment, with a willingness to teach and to learn. Lead reviews of your code and participate in the reviews of others.
The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is strongly preferred.
Kwelia is building the most accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive data and analytics platform for rental housing data ever constructed. We’re looking for our first non-founder software engineering hire to work closely with the founders to help grow our application, analytics stack and engineering team. The ideal candidate is an experienced full-stack developer with analytics experience who can hit the ground running, and thrives in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment.
In this position, you’ll be called upon to lead by example and to help establish our engineering culture. Because of our early stage (and your level of responsibility in the company’s growth) compensation will include a significant equity stake. Despite our early stage, we will also provide a competitive salary and benefits. Our current team is spread between Philadelphia, PA and Austin, TX. You’re welcome to join us in either of those cities, or remotely from your preferred location.
Our Technology Stack:
PostgreSQL (OLTP database)
Clojure (data collection & processing)
Apache Spark (analytics cluster)
Amazon Web Services (hosting platform)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Amazon.com is the leading online retailer in the United States, with over $75bn in global revenue. At Amazon, we are passionate about using technology to solve business problems that have big customer impact.
Clojure SDE role
Location: Seattle, WA (cannot take remote SDE’s – must be onsite. Amazon pays for relocation)
CORTEX is our next generation platform that handles real-time financial data flows and notifications. Our stateless event-driven compute engine for dynamic data transforms is built entirely in Clojure and is crucial to our ability to provide a highly agile response to financial events. We leverage AWS to operate on a massive scale and meet high-availability, low-latency SLAs.
Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build and utilize cutting-edge reactive technology, the Cortex team at Amazon is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, innovative Sr. Software Engineer who wants to move fast, have fun and be deeply involved in solving business integration problems across various organizations within Amazon.
If this describes you – our team is a great fit:
- You obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast computation platforms.
- You’ve got great ideas and you know how to solve problems, but you also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation.
- You have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture.
Our technology stack: Clojure, JVM, AWS tools, Sable
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction application in a 24/7 environment
- 3+ years of industry experience in software developent in Java or C++
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Background or strong interest in Clojure
- Experience with cloud technologies from AWS
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
- Experience mentoring and developing junior SDEs
If you are interested, contact Janney Jaxen, Technical Recruiter, Retail Systems email@example.com
SparX is a small engineering team focused on applying online machine learning and predictive modeling to eCommerce (impacting a 24 billion dollar business).
Our stack is 100% Clojure, service oriented, targeting 50 million users with 1ms SLAs. We apply engineering and data science to tough problems such as dynamic pricing, shipping estimations, personalized emails, and multi-variate testing.
We are always looking for talent in data-science, engineering and devops. Bonus points if you can bridge 2 of these together. We love people with strong fundamentals who can dive deep.
DiligenceEngine is a Toronto-based startup using machine learning to automate legal work. We’re looking for a DevOps engineer to help us manage and automate our technology stack. Our team is small, pragmatic, and inquisitive; we love learning new technologies and balance adoption with good analysis. We prefer to hire in the Toronto area, but also welcome remote work in a time zone within North America.
Full job listing at their blog: We’re hiring a Clojure engineer!
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special.
D-Wave is working to radically change what it is possible to do with computers. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. We are committed to commercializing quantum computers. The company’s flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a novel type of superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field such as NASA & Google
D-Wave is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join the Processor Development group. The successful candidate will work closely with physicists to develop and optimize measurement routines used to calibrate D-Wave’s quantum processor. You will be self-driven, but comfortable working closely with others. You will share responsibility for designing, implementing, testing and maintaining the suite of software necessary to support the testing and operation of D-Wave’s quantum computing hardware. The software is implemented in Common Lisp (SBCL) and is an integral part of the quantum computing system. It is used for a variety of purposes including calibration, operation, testing and benchmarking.
- Work closely with physicists and other software engineers to develop any and all aspects of quantum processor calibration, operation infrastructure, performance optimization and profiling
- Analyze and optimize existing software and newly developed routines for performance and reliability. Develop and support software related to architecture, usage of libraries and functions, the best ways of solving a problem or implementing a new feature, and layer efficiency and performance optimization
- Software development, support, and troubleshooting systems hardware including fridge control and processor electronics
- Full life-cycle support of software products from development, test and validation, production deployment, through to decommissioning
- Configuring and upgrading quantum processor control servers and software development servers
- Masters Degree in Computer Science with 4+ years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years experience.
- Experience developing and optimizing software in compiled languages; ability to consider both algorithm choice and how your code is compiled when tuning performance.
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience including software design, code and test, and maintenance
- Familiarity with Common Lisp is a definite asset
- Comfortable working alongside one or two other scientists or software engineers, such as in a pair programming
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted. It is D-Wave Systems Inc policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.
Lindsay Andrea <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Human Resources
D-Wave Systems Inc.
604.630.1428 Ext. 119