The European Bioinformatics Institute is looking for a Clojure developer:
We are seeking an experienced software developer to develop a new system for the capture of complex experimental data from model organism genetics research. You will join the Non-vertebrate Genomics team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), located on the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK, working on the WormBase project.
Here is the complete job description: http://www.embl.de/jobs/searchjobs/index.php?newlang=1&ref=EBI_00611
Although the job description doesn’t mention Clojure, I have been assured that Clojure will be the main development language.
Disco Melee | Full Time or Part Time or Freelance | 100% Remote
http://discomelee.com/ – http://beta.discomelee.com/
In search of Clojure developers.
Disco Melee was founded by gamers, for gamers, to deal with with the lack of social features in other gaming-centric sites, and to reinvent the concept of social streaming. Basically we are “making gaming social again”. We’re in closed beta now, but will be opening up very soon!
–What We’re After–
The frontend is built in Clojurescript and Om, the backend in Clojure on a PostgreSQL database.
While we do require some degree of prior experience with these technologies, we also greatly value an ability to learn, take ownership, be proactive, and communicate well with others.
* Good written and spoken English
* Functional programming techniques
* Modern HTML and CSS (LESS)/Bootstrap
* React (Om)
* Implementing a Photoshop design in HTML/CSS
* SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
* Data security and privacy
* JVM familiarity (ecosystem)
* XMPP protocol knowledge
* Video streaming/web video familiarity
* Distributed systems
* Payment processors
* Mobile (iOS/Android) knowledge
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
To submit your resume for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
goCatch is looking for a senior software engineer to work full time on
its core product, which is a real time tracking and dispatch system for
taxi services. Our offices are located in Sydney, Australia. We will not
consider telecommuting, however we may be able to assist a promising
candidate to relocate.
We are a small team who prize themselves on writing quality, readable,
maintainable code, and are looking for like-minded individuals.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of
* Clojure [or a Scheme or Common Lisp, and a willingness to learn]
* willingness to work closely with collaborators, including occasional pair-programming
* cloud hosted systems; deployment on AWS
And any of the following additional skills would be considered an asset:
* programming in a functional style
* knowledge of the clojure ecosystem. We
* RabbitMQ or another message broker
* REST architecture
* IOS development
* Android/Java development
* modern front end web technologies (Angular, React, etc.)
Applicants are encouraged to send us a resume with a cover letter explaining
they development philosophy and describing their ideal working environment.
Please forward offers of interest to Alain Picard (email@example.com)
goCatch is an equal opportunity employer.
We’re looking for a developer to work on our Clojure/ClojureScript/Om web stack. Our team is small, pragmatic, and inquisitive; we love learning new technologies and balance adoption with good analysis. We prefer to hire near us, but also welcome remote work in a time zone within North America.
Web technology can be built better. If single-page web design driven by a reactive data model sounds interesting to you, get in touch!
Technologies we use:
- HTML, CSS, SASS,
- Clojure, ClojureScript,
- SQL, PostgreSQL, Java,
- and experience with web app security.
You should have knowledge of some of these. Most of all we look for those interested in learning.
This position starts immediately.
Application link: Clojure/Clojurescript Web Developer
Amazon.com is the leading online retailer in the United States with over $75 billion in global revenue. At Amazon, we are passionate about using technology to solve business problems that have big customer impact. CORTEX is our next generation platform which handles real-time financial data flows and notifications. Our stateless event-driven compute engine for dynamic data transforms is built entirely in Clojure and is crucial to our ability to provide a highly agile response to financial events within the organization. We leverage AWS to operate on a massive scale and meet high-availability, low-latency SLAs. If you have over 7 years of experience as a hands-on software developer, have worked with distributed systems, and have experience in start-ups or possess a “start-up mentality”, keep reading.
- Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast computation platforms?
- Possess great ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
- Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
- Want to work with really cool technology such as Clojure, JVM, and AWS tools?
- Either live in or desire to live in the greater Seattle area and want to work somewhere that you can have a large scale impact but still work on a small team?
If your answers are yes, this may be the role for you! Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build and utilize cutting-edge reactive technology, the Cortex team at Amazon is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and innovative Sr. Software Engineer who wants to move fast and have fun, while being deeply involved in solving business integration problems across various organizations within Amazon.
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction application in a 24/7 environment
- 7+ years of industry experience in software development in Java or C++
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Background or strong interest in Clojure
- Experience with cloud technologies from AWS
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
- Experience mentoring and developing junior SDEs
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I received an email from the Amazon recruiter, and they say they are looking for more Clojure candidates. Please refer to the previous post if you’re interested:
Kwelia is building the most accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive data and analytics platform for rental housing data ever constructed. We’re looking for our first non-founder software engineering hire to work closely with the founders to help grow our application, analytics stack and engineering team. The ideal candidate is an experienced full-stack developer with analytics experience who can hit the ground running, and thrives in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment.
In this position, you’ll be called upon to lead by example and to help establish our engineering culture. Because of our early stage (and your level of responsibility in the company’s growth) compensation will include a significant equity stake. Despite our early stage, we will also provide a competitive salary and benefits. Our current team is spread between Philadelphia, PA and Austin, TX. You’re welcome to join us in either of those cities, or remotely from your preferred location.
Our Technology Stack:
PostgreSQL (OLTP database)
Clojure (data collection & processing)
Apache Spark (analytics cluster)
Amazon Web Services (hosting platform)
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested.