From this post: http://blog.chatterbox.co/recruiting-software-engineer/
Machine Learning; Artificial Intelligence; Natural Language Processing; Functional Programming; Java; Clojure; Lisp
Chatterbox Labs are looking for a Software Engineer to join our, UK-based team to help both implement our cognitive technologies. You should hold an MSc in the field of Computer Science (or a related/similar field) and have experience in a commercial software environment.
You will join our technical team who focus on the research and development of our multi-lingual Cognitive Engine for short form and long form text classification & our Synthetic Data Generator, alongside our Data Scientists.
This diverse role will allow you to both collaborate on machine learning research and to also implement commercial software.
- Develop, extend and maintain underlying machine learning within the Cognitive Engine & Synthetic Data Generator
- Implement & test Clojure & Java code for commercial release
- Research, explore & evaluate new methods for classification & data synthesis
- Co-create new Intellectual Property alongside the Data Science team
- Test and evaluate current technologies and make recommendations for improvements
- MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrable experience of using a functional language, e.g. Clojure, Scala, Racket, Common Lisp, Haskell, Erlang, etc
- Commercial experience using a Java Virtual Machine language (Java, Clojure, Groovy, etc)
- Experience using collaborative software management tools (git, subversion, etc)
- Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills
- The desire to build robust, proven and tested technologies
- Experience of developing machine learning software in a commercial environment
- Experience either researching or applying:
- Reinforcement Learning
- Deep learning techniques
- Experience dealing with large datasets
- Experience with large-scale processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
Minimum Education Level
MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Spoken English language is essential
- A second language is useful
Please send an email to email@example.com with a cover note introducing yourself and a bit about you, and attach a comprehensive CV in pdf format.