D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special.
D-Wave is working to radically change what it is possible to do with computers. Our mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics and computer science into new breakthrough approaches to computation. We are committed to commercializing quantum computers. The company’s flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a novel type of superconducting quantum processor. D-Wave Two systems are currently in use by on-line customers and by customers in the field such as NASA & Google
D-Wave is seeking an experienced Software Developer to join the Processor Development group. The successful candidate will work closely with physicists to develop and optimize measurement routines used to calibrate D-Wave’s quantum processor. You will be self-driven, but comfortable working closely with others. You will share responsibility for designing, implementing, testing and maintaining the suite of software necessary to support the testing and operation of D-Wave’s quantum computing hardware. The software is implemented in Common Lisp (SBCL) and is an integral part of the quantum computing system. It is used for a variety of purposes including calibration, operation, testing and benchmarking.
- Work closely with physicists and other software engineers to develop any and all aspects of quantum processor calibration, operation infrastructure, performance optimization and profiling
- Analyze and optimize existing software and newly developed routines for performance and reliability. Develop and support software related to architecture, usage of libraries and functions, the best ways of solving a problem or implementing a new feature, and layer efficiency and performance optimization
- Software development, support, and troubleshooting systems hardware including fridge control and processor electronics
- Full life-cycle support of software products from development, test and validation, production deployment, through to decommissioning
- Configuring and upgrading quantum processor control servers and software development servers
- Masters Degree in Computer Science with 4+ years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years experience.
- Experience developing and optimizing software in compiled languages; ability to consider both algorithm choice and how your code is compiled when tuning performance.
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience including software design, code and test, and maintenance
- Familiarity with Common Lisp is a definite asset
- Comfortable working alongside one or two other scientists or software engineers, such as in a pair programming
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted. It is D-Wave Systems Inc policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.
Lindsay Andrea <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Human Resources
D-Wave Systems Inc.
604.630.1428 Ext. 119