IT JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Event Management Systems and Portals)
CREATE-NET is seeking a well motivated Junior Software Developer to be part of our Innovation team, that will contribute to the analysis, development and testing of a comprehensive portfolio of specialized software products for supporting the workflow of events and conference organization and management, including the creation of web portals and web applications.
The candidate will be directly responsible of the analysis, development and testing of a set of software components that offer events management services, and he will contribute to and will coordinate his activities with other IT developers and graphic designers, in the specification, design, implementation, testing of web portals and web applications.
Specific Job responsibilities will include:
• Contribution to the maintenance of our camera ready submission system, payment system, public journal and proceedings archive conference web site CMS and general administration tool.
• Interacting with the project responsibles and the user community to determine requirements, communicating with the support team to handle any problems or new features required.
• Contribution to technical support to systems in operations.
This position requires hands-on experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of software systems in a Drupal/PHP, Common Lisp and Haskell environment.
Applicants should have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in computing or other related disciplines, and a proven experience in software development.
Knowledge or interest in the following areas would be given preference:
functional programming, Haskell, Common Lisp, Scala, OCaml.
Technical skills for the proposed position:
• Web technologies; HTML5, CSS, AJAX, web services, etc.
• Working experience and knowledge of functional programming, familiarity with associated development environments (e.g. Common Lisp’s SLIME).
• Confident understanding and experience with Git (mandatory)
• Proven Common Lisp experience (mandatory)
• Proven Haskell experience (mandatory)
• PHP (preferable)
• Experience with relational DBMSs (PostgreSQL in particular)
• Linux environments (Redhat and Ubuntu preferable)
• skills on mobile apps development (ios, android) will be considered as a plus;
• Experience and knowledge of agile methodologies, software design methods are also considered a plus.
The following organizational skills are requested for this position:
• Autonomous thinking and problem solving skills;
• Prioritization, time management skills and capability to adapt to dynamic environments;
• Ability to work hands-on and with little supervision;
• Attitude to collaborative working.
Trento, top ranked Italian city for quality of life and known for hosting a large number of cutting-edge worldwide recognized research institutions.
Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken) is essential.
knowledge of the Italian language both spoken and written is not required, but can be helpful.
Working schedule: Full-Time
How to apply: Please send your resume/CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the email subject: “IT JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Event Management Systems and Portals) – CN”. Only applications submitted in English will be taken into consideration.
Please include any Github/Bitbucket or otherwise links to open source contributions you have made with the above technologies.
Important: due to Italian Privacy Protection Law n.196/03 any resume not mentioning explicitly the following wording: “I authorize the use of my personal data in accordance with Italian Privacy Protection Law (30/06/2003, n.196/03)” will be automatically deleted from our database and consequently not taken into consideration.