Full Time – Berlin, Germany
Deskwanted is a coworking space search and management web application based in Berlin. We are searching for a backend developer to join our small and energetic team as we improve and expand Deskwanted.
As Deskwanted’s Backend Developer, you’re a passionate about web application. Our ultimate goal is to build strong, scalable systems while building upon existing infrastructure. We think that the best software is developed in iterations and rapidly deployed to customers, and that learning happens best in short feedback loops.
We’re a motivated team of people with a diverse range of interests. We love Berlin, and we make our collaborative workspace and our company a great place to work.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years development experience
- Excellent skills in database design and programming (PostgreSQL)
- Strong Linux system administration background
- Ability to write clean, beautiful code
- An aptitude for backend engineering sense, and an understanding of problems faced by high
- traffic sites
- Someone who thrives in a start-up environment
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain the software architecture, which includes frontend, middleware and database servers
- Implement new functionality, develop and design scalable code
- Provide time and resource estimates on proposed features
- Solving problems with little guidance
- Work in a small, fast-moving team in a great Berlin coworking space, using agile Kanbaninfluenced workflows
- Experience designing for mobile devices
If you’re thinking “That sounds like me”, then you should send an email to email@example.com.
Deskwanted.com is a global network of coworking spaces and shared offices which offer their vacant desks and meeting spaces to a community of independent workers. Individuals or teams can find a place for short or long periods in shared working locations in hundreds of cities worldwide.
As well as a search-and-booking system, Deskwanted offers a web-based workspace management tool which makes it easy to run a coworking space or shared office. Users can organize finances, book meeting rooms, interact with coworkers and improve the function and profitability of their location.
Deskwanted was founded in Berlin in 2010, and in 2011 it joined the YOU IS NOW start-up incubator program run by Immobilienscout24, Europe’s largest real estate portal. It is using this support to develop better tools for coworking spaces and their communities. Deskwanted also operates Deskmag.com, an online magazine about coworking – the leading source of news and information about coworking.