Global InfoTek, Inc. has an immediate need for a Research Scientist at its Reston, VA offices. Initial responsibilities will include design, development, and deployment of knowledge representation and reasoning capabilities to support technology evaluation in a Government-sponsored research program to advance the state of the art in automatically extracting meaning from written English text. This position will involve collaborative interaction with the customer and with other research organizations.
While the experience level and salary range are open, the right candidate will possess many of the following capabilities.
* Logic-based knowledge representation and reasoning
* Ontologies (e.g., RDF, OWL, Cyc) and the semantic web
* Bayesian networks, probabilistic reasoning
* Java and Lisp programming, logic programming (e.g., Prolog)
* Unix family- and Windows-based system development and deployment
Some background in and/or familiarity with the following would be a plus.
* Computational linguistics / natural language processing / natural language understanding
* Extraction of information from text
The following are strongly desired.
* U.S. citizenship
* Willingness to apply for and strong likelihood of gaining a US Government security clearance
The following qualities are also desirable (and may be required, depending on seniority).
* Strong written, graphical, and spoken communication skills
* Demonstrated desire to advance the state of the art and to publish research results
* Project leadership capability