Experienced Clojure/Datomic Engineer
Company: Synapsify, Inc. (www.gosynapsify.com)
Opening: Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Synapsify, a well funded software company located in Bethesda, Maryland, is a new way for computers to understand, rate and manage written content. Synapsify helps organizations save time, money and gain actionable insight in understanding and prioritizing the world’s written content, social conversations, and opinions. The world’s first software based on emotional intelligence, Synapsify analyzes the sound, metaphor and narrative in text to help our clients gain deeper, more actionable insights from social media, online conversations and all forms of written text. Backed by leading venture investors, if you are looking for an opportunity to put a dent in the universe, please keep reading.
You will join our core engineering team, where you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing Synapsify’s Actionable Content Ratings platform. Your mission is to integrate the best of search, text analytics, and visualizations into a revolutionary, reliable, high-performance platform available via our RESTful API and SaaS web application. You will manage the day to day development process, and will write scalable, maintainable, efficient, and elegant code. You will actively participate in cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology and research. We are a startup. This means you must play an active role in the development process and develop part of the solution themselves.You will work in a beautiful open collaborative space that screams creativity and is only a short walk from the Bethesda Metro station.
Desirable candidates should possess:
- An excellent understanding of modern software platforms, Cloud infrastructure, Big Data, Search and Text Analysis.
- Knowledge of Common Lisp, Clojure, AServe, AWS, RabbitMQ, Celery, and Storm a plus.
- Experience and capable of leading teams and making sure that a collaborate team result is delivered.
- Experience in managing software development processes, developing roadmaps, assigning engineering tasks to the team, monitoring development, testing and managing upgrade and release strategies.
- A strong knack and talent for solving complex issues by finding simple solutions.
- Extreme passion for learning new technologies and creating revolutionary products.
- Excellent communication skills and not shy to express his or her opinion in finding the best solution and approach
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- At least 4-6 year(s) of working experience in text analytics or search, including 2-3 years of experience in in algorithms, classifiers, rankers or other machine learning technologies
Postdocs / Research Programmer
Compositional Learning via Generalized Automatic Differentiation
The goal of this project is to make a qualitative improvement in our
ability to write sophisticated numeric code, by giving numeric
programmers access to _fast_, _robust_, _general_, _accurate_
To be technical: we are adding exact first-class derivative
calculation operators (Automatic Differentiation or AD) to the lambda
calculus, and embodying the combination in a production-quality fast
system suitable for numeric computing in general, and compositional
machine learning methods in particular. Our research prototype
compilers generate object code competitive with the fastest current
systems, which are based on FORTRAN. And the combined expressive
power of first-class AD operators and function programming allows very
succinct code for many machine learning algorithms, as well as for
some algorithms in computer vision and signal processing. Specific
sub-projects include: compiler and numeric programming environment
construction; writing, simplifying, and generalising, machine learning
and other numeric algorithms; and associated Type Theory/Lambda
Calculus/PLT/Real Computation issues.
TO THE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE COMMUNITY, we seek to contribute a way to
make numeric software faster, more robust, and easier to write.
TO THE MACHINE LEARNING COMMUNITY, in addition to making it easier to
write efficient numeric codes, we seek to contribute a system that
embodies “compositionality”, in that gradient optimisation can be
automatically and efficiently performed on systems themselves
consisting of many components, even when such components may
internally take derivatives or perform optimisation. (Examples of
this include, say, optimisation of the rules of a multi-player game to
cause the players’ actions to satisfy some desiderata, where the
players themselves optimise their own strategies using simple models
of their opponents which they optimise according to their opponents’
To this end, we are seeking to fill three positions (postdoctoral or
research programmer, or in exceptional cases graduate students) with
interest and experience in at least one of: programming language
theory, automatic differentiation, machine learning, numerics,
Informal announcement: http://www.bcl.hamilton.ie/~barak/ad-fp-positions.html
Formal job postings on http://humanresources.nuim.ie/vacancies.shtml, in
Barak A. Pearlmutter
Hamilton Institute & Dept Computer Science
NUI Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland
(I don’t usually post requests for recruiters, but this one might be ok. Send me a note or make a comment if you find out otherwise. Looks like it’s really a Lisp and Python position).
Job Title: LISP Developer
Work Location: Cambridge, MA 02142
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $60-$70/hr
Employment Terms: 1 year W2 Contract
BS degree preferred (or equivalent experience) in an Engineering or IT-related field. At least 4 years experience in software development delivering and maintaining production quality code. Familiarity with testing, QA, version control and delivery technologies. Experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
Demonstrable expertise in: Lisp, XML, Oracle, SQL
Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. High attention to detail, the ability to focus and deliver, and agility under pressure. Strong communication and collaboration skills.
[Note that this position requires demonstrated expertise and skills in the Lisp programming language.]
Notes from the Manager:
Seeking experience in supporting and maintaining data bases and for mission critical software. Must have python. Seeking someone assertive to manage client expectations and deadlines. Take ownership of the projects
Contact: Tyler Goulet | firstname.lastname@example.org | 650-598-5603
Runa is now Staples Innovation Lab. For the past 5+ years, Runa has been a visible member of the Clojure community, having built their entire e-commerce optimization stack on Clojure. We were recently acquired by Staples, the second largest internet retailer in the world.
We now have the resources to take the Clojure + Big Data + Machine Learning + Real Time Predictive Modeling engine to the next level. We’re looking for experienced engineers with knowledge of Clojure. More details at www.staplesinnovationlab.com
We’re looking for a talented algorithmic developer with solid Lisp skills and an interest in linguistics and natural language processing.
At Grammarly, we use Common Lisp, but if you’ve worked with some other Lisp flavour, that’s fine, as long as you’re willing to learn and master Common Lisp. It goes without saying that you should be well versed in both object-oriented and functional paradigms. You also have to be comfortable with the idea of coding some Java and, preferably, have some hands-on experience with it. We’ll give you bonus points if you have a broad technical background and notable achievements beyond Lisp, contribute to open-source, write a blog or are otherwise active in the tech community.
As a member of our NLP team, you will have the luxury to focus on challenging following tasks, such as:
- driving development of new features for our grammar checking engine, improving its accuracy and speed
- implementing of data crunching tools for linguists and fellow engineers
- creating of fast and scalable distributed network services in Lisp and Java, working closely with our DevOps team
- brainstorming with us on ways to make Grammarly even smarter, explore new technologies at the forefront of modern natural language processing and machine learning
You will get to work with amazing engineers, linguists, and business minds from all over the world and experience the magic of direct access within a small team that pays attention to your ideas and contributions. In turn, we expect you to continuously learn, strive for perfection and optimum performance, as well as derive joy from sharing with and helping your peers.
- passion for software development
- 2+ years of experience with Lisp (preferably Common Lisp)
- 2+ years of commercial experience with mainstream languages, preferably Java/Python strong algorithmic skills
- interest in the English language
- participation in open-source or commercial Lisp projects with a real user base Unix as the primary development platform
- good written and spoken English
The following are desirable:
- background in NLP or at least one of the following fields: ML, AI/Robotics, Information Retrieval, Data Mining and Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, Theoretical Computer Science
- completion/enrollment in AI-related online courses (AI, ML, NLP, etc.)
Goodies we provide:
- Work in a unique product company (no outsourcing!) with exceptional people
- Paid attendance of conferences and seminars
- Free lunches
- Medical insurance and sport
- Superb office space in the city center with a great view over Taras Shevchenko Park
- Two-minute walk from metro Lva Tolstogo, Kyiv
- One month of annual vacation and paid sick-leave
- Relocation support for people willing to move to Kyiv, including transportation costs, first month’s rent, etc.
- Competitive salary, reviewed regularly
We love people who are open, honest, kind, cheerful and have a decent sense of humor.
If you are interested, drop us a line at email@example.com.
D-Wave is seeking an experienced Software Developer with extensive Common Lisp (or equivalent) programming and UNIX-based system administration experience to join the Processor Development group. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing, programming, testing and maintaining the entire suite of software necessary to support the testing and operation of D-Wave’s quantum computing hardware. The software is predominantly Common Lisp-based and is an integral part of the quantum computing system. It is used for a variety of purposes including calibration, operation, testing and benchmarking.
For more details please see http://www.dwavesys.com/en/files/13PD09_Software_Developer.pdf